Skip to content
- Here’s a real list of all the fairs along with hours, admission price, and location.
- Total cost for galleries selected to exhibit at Art Basel: around $80,000, including airfare, shipping, booth rental, and hotel.
- Kyle rounds up political imagery at Basel (bonus points for promptness).
- Nothing earth-shatteringly urgent, but the Miami Herald’s Basel coverage deserves praise for its breadth and volume. Here is a good place to start.
- “‘We can’t be as rude [to clients] as we’ve been for the past three years,’ said another dealer.”
- Steven Kaplan’s piece about Buena Vista railyard, now the site of Midtown Miami and (due to a lot of still-open land because of the development “slowdown”) most of the tent-based satellite fairs.
- Two public-art pieces “banned,” to various degrees, during Basel: Cooper’s ink fountain and Tom Bogaert’s Piso Mojado ocean buoy.
- Shows to be catching during Basel (tho I suspect that this list is lame and a better one will come along).
- As for the future, Basel signed an agreement with Miami Beach for another 3 years.
3 thoughts on “Art Basel 2008 – mo links”
I did the best I could with the limited information at my disposal from NYC.
I love betting on horse racing but I know nothing about it. My picks are based entirely on what I overhear other people bet on and which horse’s name I like the most—and I’ll lay money down on Sir-Talks-a-Lot for no good reason at all. I don’t like gambling much in general. Cards are duller than golf and slot machines feel like work after a couple minutes, but horse racing is different. The lead will change hands several times during the course of a race, which makes for crazy ups and downs. The problem is that I feel a little bad for the horses, which get injected with steroids and have little people riding around on them. I think the fix would be to bet on people in foot races instead of horses. I’d also be better at handicapping and picking a winner since I know more about what good human runners are supposed to look like than horses.
Bumpershine~ Actually, now that I’m looking at it it’s a pretty good list. Musta had my panties in a knot, sorry.
ratman~ lol. (explanation)
Comments are closed.