- Here’s a real list of all the fairs along with hours, admission price, and location.
- Total cost for galleries selected to exhibit at Art Basel: around $80,000, including airfare, shipping, booth rental, and hotel.
- Kyle rounds up political imagery at Basel (bonus points for promptness).
- Nothing earth-shatteringly urgent, but the Miami Herald’s Basel coverage deserves praise for its breadth and volume. Here is a good place to start.
- “‘We can’t be as rude [to clients] as we’ve been for the past three years,’ said another dealer.”
- Steven Kaplan’s piece about Buena Vista railyard, now the site of Midtown Miami and (due to a lot of still-open land because of the development “slowdown”) most of the tent-based satellite fairs.
- Two public-art pieces “banned,” to various degrees, during Basel: Cooper’s ink fountain and Tom Bogaert’s Piso Mojado ocean buoy.
- Shows to be catching during Basel (tho I suspect that this list is lame and a better one will come along).
- As for the future, Basel signed an agreement with Miami Beach for another 3 years.
Commenting is closed for this article.