Updated 10:58 am, 12/02/09.
“NO” / “Feel Good” respectively from the Convention Center parking lot and the Oceanfront installation.
I’ve shaved off the links to articles and information from the main list, which continues to be updated. Newer entries here will be added to the top.
- Hey look, a Basel Miami Twitter list. If only there was an iPhone app that supported lists… have to unfollow and re-arrange followers for the week.
- Just out: New Times’ cover story. I bet there’s lots of great stuff if you read this thing.
- The inside-baseball version of the financial situation at the Financial Times. Short story: grim. Which some have spun as a positive — “it’s about the art again.” But to paraphrase BDP, the girls are free but the art costs money. (You can get a little global and historical perspective from Larry Gagosian, if so inclined.)
- The obligatory Herald article.
- Boyd Level’s guide to the fairs, which comes highly recommended by Art Fag City, a blog you will be checking twice daily for the rest of the week. That’s right, it’s called Art Fag City. Deal.
- Mark Handforth contemplates Basel — “if you want the city government to take art and culture seriously, there’s nothing like 200 private jets at the airport to wake them up.”
- Art Newspaper’s middling overview. 60 galleries from last year gone, replaced by 65 new ones.
- New York magazine: ‘Is the economy back? The art world sure hopes so!’
- Brett inverviews Rosa de la Cruz on the occasion of the opening of her new exhibition space.
- Carlos Suarez de Jesus spotlights a couple of notable events.