- Ritual cleansing of child soldiers in Sierra Leone.
- David Hanson is spending three months canoeing the Chattahoochee River.
- Choire finds some gems in the coming auction of the Lehman Brothers art collection.
- Having a pet can be as bad for the environment as an SUV
- The 10 worst food trends, DEBUNKED.
- When is the film better than the novel? Maybe when it’s one of these. But I think there’s a distinction to be made between movies made from classic literature, and movies made from pulp thrillers. I’ve never read Elmore Leonard’s Get Shorty, but I think comparing its quality to the (pretty great!) film is a much less interesting exercise than comparing, say, the film and book versions of Catch 22.
- I am not sure if I believe Slate’s battery tips. Keeping your laptop unplugged while using it? Trying to stay between 20% and 80% at all times? FISHY.
- So, I gave in and paid the $5 for Brushes, the famous iPhone app, and let me tell you it is great. Doodling and painting, together like never before.
Commenting is closed for this article.