- I will not read your fucking script. Fair enough point I guess, but also oh to have your troubles, right?
- “ The Mongolian locals will try to rip you off in a far more slick and intelligent way than Chinese usually do, so be smart.” Ross’ continuing adventures in deep Asia.
- Beautiful photos of Hindu religious ceremonies.
- Wha, Philadelphia is shutting down its public libraries?! (via)
- The Beatles’ complete recorded output has been remastered and repackaged. Very responsible and predictable reviews at Pitchfork (including a generous helping of 10.0’s), and the expected goofiness from Klosterman (“I arbitrarily decided to give this hippie shit an informal listen. And I gotta admit—I’m impressed.”).
- Exploring the Maunsell Towers, anti-aircraft forts rising out of the ocean off the coast of England, built during WWII.
- What would happen if you put your car in reverse while driving? Probably not much, but do not try it.
- GQ tries to bury a story about Russia.
- A 10-cent increase in cost per gram of ethanol results in a 60% increase in the actual cost of drinks.
- Franklin Einspruch on reasonable Republicans’ disgust with Glenn Beck et al. (chew on this: I have been registered Libertarian for as long as I’ve been registered to vote (although over time my views have gradually leaned more and more liberal)). Also: Franklin’s most beautiful site design in years.
- Beach Boys rehersals, 1967 (only up for a few more days!).
- Ted Talk du jour: Hans Rosling on how a lot of what you know about the world is wrong (and he’s addressing the US State Department!).
Commenting is closed for this article.