- Vintage Stand-Up Comedy. Let’s be clear on what this is: a catalog of over 200 full albums of spoken-word performances by the likes of Rodney Dangerfield, Richard Pryor, Steve Martin, and Woody Allen, with links to downloadable audio. (BTW, how do you open a rar file? Easy, 7-Zip.)
- WTF Taxidermy. (via)
- “A few reviews of Antichrist, Lars Von Trier’s new movie starring starring Willem Dafoe and Charlotte Gainsbourg, which has people up in arms.
- Wallets with a baby picture are 90% likely to be returned if lost (vs. 30% for no picture).
- Persnickety photographing article of the week: Shot discipline.
- Happy 40th. Did you know that the geniuses at NASA accidentally recorded over the high-resolution video tapes of the first ever moon walk? The best we can do is take the downsampled broadcast TV footage and restore it. You can watch it here.
- First there was a building, then there was no building, then there was.
- So, right, James Wolcott is bugged about the Kindle because people on the subway can’t see the cool book he’s reading. And no, he isn’t the only impoverished soul with these types of concerns. (Although not everyone agrees.) Well, fear no more James Wolcott, because digital signaling is here.
- Supplies of Knob Creek whiskey are running low for this year. Try being in a business where you have to estimate demand a decade in advance!
Commenting is closed for this article.