- That idiot Bezos was on the Daily Show last week hawking the new Kindle, and raving about how great it is that it can read books to you, and within a few days disabled that feature for publishers that ask. What a punk. I came within a breath of owning a Kindle 1 last year, and while I’m sure it’s a great device, I’m holding out for something I can surf the web on without a hassle. And something that can read PDF and text documents without having to e-mail them to Amazon to be converted. Good grief. Update: Well, now this is interesting.
- The new do it yourself culinary movement in Brooklyn (via)
- WOW: badpaintingsofbarackobama.com (via)
- Emigre Typetease. Also, 22 most used free fonts. And maybe also the ‘Good Typography is…. everything’ shirt.
- Translating ‘The Economist’ Behind China’s Great Firewall
- Miami filmmaker Clifton Childree harrased by code enforcement about a film set in his back yard.
- Using Mathematica for graphic design (via)
- Haha — the Outlook Attachment Reminder gives you a warning when you hit “Send” if you have the word “attachment” in your e-mail but no attachment. You probably need this.
- Attention Nikon DX owners (D40, D300, etc.) — you need this.
- Times Online’s Best 100 blogs.
- What single book is the best introduction to your field (or specialization within your field) for laypeople? A staggering list.
Commenting is closed for this article.