Well folks, it’s that time again. The weather is completely going to be cooperating this year: a little drizzle tomorrow, and then cool and beautiful straight through the weekend. You can find some absurdly overstuffed lists of “events” so I’m going to link to a few of the more moderated things
- ArtFagCity’s list of fairs, with the caveat that I think Scope has always been worthwile, and is high up on my list.
- Liz’s guide to events and parties at The Heat Lightning. I’ve been adding events there, so it’s official to me.
- Another good guide to the fairs at Beached Miami. And here is a pretty nice PDF map that you can print, with locations and deets on all the fairs.
- The New Times’ list also looks pretty good.
- And here’s an oddball list of events in the New York Times(!).
Here’s a tentative list of things I may or may not do, which I WILL be adding/correcting to:
Tuesday Nov 30
- Opening of Frances Trombly: Paintings at Girl’s Club, Ft. Lauderdale.
- Arts for a Better World opening.
Wednesday Dec 1
- 10 pm Art Loves Music (Metric)
Thursday Dec 2
- MAM Party, Scope party, NADA party(?)
- Basel Antics (Phantogram!)
- Transit lounge: live performance by Panic Bomber with a band
Friday Dec 3
- 4 – 8 pm — Island (at the mondrian)
- 7-11 pm — Reception at Carol Jazzar
Saturday Dec 4
- William Kentridge screening at CIFO RSVP
- WYNWOOD, right?
- Basel Castle
Sunday Dec 5
- Breakfast in the park, FIU Frost art Museum